Launching a coupon swap has been a task on my marketing to do list for a long long time! I’m glad to say it’s finally of the ground (because of my wonderful VA Laura) and I have my first swap set up with a poop scooping business in my local area – DFW Scooopers.
The concept of this swap is that I give out coupons advertising the poop scoopers to all my pet sitting customers and they give out coupons advertising my pet sitting service to all their poop scooping customers. Each of us have a special offer for the other businesses clients that can be obtained by presenting the coupon.
I am printing the coupons off today and will mail to Randy at DFW Scooper tomorrow for him to distribute to his clients with his February invoices.
Here is a copy of the coupon that DFW Scoopers will be giving out to their clients.
To organize your own coupon swap you’ll need to take these action steps:
1. Design an attractive and professional looking coupon as a sample to send to prospective coupon partners
2. Write a letter of introduction that describes your business and how you propose the coupon swap will work. Describe the benefits of the swap for their business and invite them to participate with you in a swap. Explain that you will set up the coupons and print and deliver the first batch to them so that the process is very easy for them.
3. Put together a list of local pet business who would make good swap partners. I sent mine out to groomers, dog trainers, pet boutique food and accessory stores, poop scoopers, and dog day care centers. You could also send to veterinarians and pet boarding facilities. Make a list of their contact names, email address, phone number and physical addresses.
4. Send out an email to these contacts with your letter of invitation and your sample coupon.
5. Follow up by phone if you do not hear from contacts within a week.
6. If still unsuccessful contacting partners, mail out a copy of you letter and coupon.
7. When you make contact and partner is interested – organize to meet by phone to tell each other more about your businesses and establish a relationship.
8. Get partners logo and special coupon offer.
9. Customize design of coupon and email to partner for approval
10. Print coupons and deliver to partner
11. Send coupons with their offer to your pet sitting clients.12. Keep in touch with your new partners and measure effectiveness of your coupon swap
13. Why not suggest working together on other marketing campaigns or organization of a local pet event
I hope this has given you some ideas! Let me know what you think and let me know if you have used any similar marketing methods in your business by leaving a comment.